- In the admin area, go to Members Area in the left sidebar menu, then select Forum.
- It will bring you directly to the Forum dashboard. Click on the ellipsis (…) at the top right corner then click Forum Settings.
- The Forum Settings popup will appear.
- Simply complete the fields as indicated below:
Give your forum a name.
Add a description for your forum.
+ Image (720×400)
This image will be used as a thumbnail / cover image for your Forum in the Portal Home page.
+ Show Header Image
Enabled – the image will appear at the top of all forum pages
Disabled – the image will be hidden at the top of all forum pages
+ Default Header Image (2260×800)
This image will appear at the top of all forum pages.
+ Assign to group
Assign your Forum to specific group so it can be dynamically displayed on some portal pages.
Add keywords for easier content searching in your Membership Site.
+ Members can message others:
This feature will allow you to Disable/Enable the option to allow members to contact each other on Forum pages.
+ Hide “Members Online” section on Forum Home Page:
Enabled – online members will be invisible on the Forum home page
Disabled – online members will be visible on the Forum home page
- Once done, click on SAVE CHANGES.
Your forum is now enabled.
Now if your members have access to the Forum, it will appear in their Member Portal, just like all the other courses they have access to.
For members to open the Forum, they’ll simply click on the View button, which will direct them to the Forum Home Page.