A forum consists of a tree-like directory structure. At the top-level is your Categories, where your forum can be divided in to different categories for the relevant discussions. Each Category can be further divided into different Sections or sub-forums and under each section, members or admins can add different topics for discussion called Threads.
For details on how to set up each level, follow the steps below:
How to Add a Category
- Go to Online Courses in the left-sidebar menu, then select Forum.
- In the Forum dashboard, click on the Plus icon (+) on the upper right hand corner.
- A pop-up will appear. Enter your preferred Category Name in the blank field.
- Click SAVE.
- It will immediately appear on the page.
- To move the categories around, drag the categories to your preferred order on the list using your mouse.
- To edit the category, click the Edit button (pencil) which you can find on the right side of the category you would like to edit.
- To delete the category, click the (x) button which you can find at the right side of the category you would like to delete beside the Edit button.
How to Add Sections to your Category
- Inside the categories are sections. To add a section, click +Add New Section, you can find this just below the category where you would like to add the sections to.
- A pop-up will appear. Enter your preferred Section Name and a Description in the blank fields.
- Only Admins can create threads: Allows you to switch this ON/OFF
+ ON – Admin are the only one allowed to create threads for this section
+ OFF – All (Members/Admin) can both create forum threads.
- Click SAVE.
Next, learn how to setup your Forum Threads.