Purchase IPN URL
To ensure that your site knows when purchases have been made in your Infusionsoft account, you need to setup the Purchase IPN URL.
To Do This
- In your site, go to Settings in the left-sidebar menu and then select Integrations.
- Scroll down to Other Systems and then select Custom API.
- Copy the API URL provided.
- Go back to Infusionsoft.
- Click on the Infusionsoft icon in the top-left corner of the dashboard.
- Go to the Marketing section and then click on Campaign Builder.
- Create a campaign or edit an existing one.
- Add a purchase or Tag goal linked to a sequence.
- If you are selecting the purchase goal select the correct InfusionSoft product, If you are using the tag goal you can apply any tag you want.
- In the sequence add a Send HTTP post process.
- Edit the HTTP post as follow:
- In the POST URL: Insert the custom API URL you copied from your site
- Setup the name / value pairs as follow:
type = purchase
email = ~Contact.Email~
first_name = ~Contact.FirstName~
last_name = ~Contact.LastName~
- Optional Parameters:
course_id = the ID of the Online Course (You can find this by going to “Online Courses” and the course ID is located on the bottom left of each course)
bundle_id = the ID of the Bundle
forum_full_access = `yes` to give full forum access
forum_category_id = the ID of the Forum category
send_mail = to prevent email sending add this field with value `no` (Optional, if you don’t want the user to receive the welcome email then add this name/value)
full_access = to give full access to course add this field with value `yes`
NB! The above steps should be repeated for each course product you setup in Infusionsoft.
How this works:
When somebody purchases one of your Course, Bundle, Forum and Forum Category products, the contact will be added to the sequence. Infusionsoft will send an HTTP post to your site to notify KLEQ that the product has been purchased. Your site will then register the customer for that particular course.