To ensure that your site knows when purchases have been made in your Drip account, you need to setup the Cancellation IPN URL.
To Do This:
- In your site, go to Settings in the left-sidebar menu and then select Integrations.
- Scroll down to Other Systems and then select Custom API.
- Under Cancellation, Copy the API URL provided.
To do this:
- Go to your Drip account.
- Click on Workflows on the left sidebar and then select Workflows again. You may create a new one or select the workflow that you’re working with.
- Depending on your settings, you may select the trigger like a tag applied.
- Then click on Action, the Edit Action pop up window will appear.
- Under Choose an Action drop-down options, select the Send an HTTP Post.
- After selecting, the Endpoint URL will appear.
Simply paste the complete Cancellation API URL here and click on Update Action.
- Add this parameter to the URL:
type = credit
- Optional Parameters:
course_id = the ID of the Online Course (You can find this by going to “Online Courses” and the course ID is located on the bottom left of each course)
bundle_id = the ID of the Bundle
forum_full_access = `yes` to remove user user full forum access
forum_category_id = the ID of the Forum category
NB! Always add an ampersand if you’re going to add a new parameter to the URL and then an equal sign before the value.
Here are the sample URLs for each product:
Course – https://yourdomainname.com/customapi.php?secret=XYZ&type=credit&course_id=2
Bundle – https://yourdomainname.com/customapi.php?secret=XYZ&type=credit&bundle_id=2
Forum Full Access – https://yourdomainname.com/customapi.php?secret=XYZ&type=credit&forum_full_access=yes
Forum Category – https://yourdomainname.com/customapi.php?secret=XYZ&type=credit&forum_category_id=8
How this works:
When somebody cancels their purchase, you may apply the relevant Tag to the user’s Drip profile. What you could do is have a Tag Goal to start the campaign. This will add the contact to the sequence where Drip will send an HTTP post to notify your site that the access should be canceled. Your site will then know to deactivate that particular access in the customer’s account.