If you are using Ontraport, then follow these steps to cancel a user via API.
Once you are ready to cancel the user and de-activate him from one of your products, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings in the left-sidebar menu and then select Integrations.
- Scroll down to Other Systems and then select Custom API.
- Under Cancellation, Copy the API URL provided.
To do this:
- Below you will find the steps that need to be take in order to allow Ontraport to send information to our system:
- After you have sold a specific product in Ontraport, create a new campaign solely for the purpose of sending customer information to your site.
- Based on a TAG as the start of the Campaign, assign this to your customers so they can enter the flow.
- As a next step, you need to add a SEND A WEBHOOK element to your map.
- Double click the SEND A WEBHOOK element and on the left hand side you will find two sections called Add the destination URL: and Enter header info.
- In the Add the destination URL:, you will need to paste your Cancellation API URL.
- Setup the name / value pairs as follow:
type = credit
email = [Email]
- Optional Parameters:
course_id = the ID of the Online Course (You can find this by going to “Online Courses” and the course ID is located on the bottom left of each course)
bundle_id = the ID of the Bundle
forum_full_access = `yes` to remove user user full forum access
forum_category_id = the ID of the Forum category
- NB! The above steps should be repeated for each course product you set up in Ontraport.
How this works:
When somebody cancels their purchase, you may apply the relevant Tag to the user’s Ontarport profile. What you could do is have a Tag Goal to start the campaign. This will add the contact to the sequence where Ontraport will send an HTTP post to notify your site that the access should be canceled. Your site will then know to deactivate that particular access in the customer’s account.