Promo Codes allow you to offer your user’s discounts on single product prices, payment plans, or even your course or membership subscriptions.
To Set This Up:
- Open the Order or Upsell Page you would like to edit.
- Once open, click on Promo Codes in the left-sidebar menu.
- Here you will find your Promo Code dashboard, where all your promo codes for that Order Page will be listed.
Click on the Add New button.
- The Promo Code settings will appear with the following fields:
This is the promo code you use to offer your users a discount on either a single product, payment plan, or subscription and trial price.
Discount for Single Payment
To offer a discount on a single product, simply add the monetary value you would like deducted from the full price. Leave the other fields open.
Discount for Payment Plan
To offer a discount on a payment plan, simply add the monetary value you would like deducted from each installment. Leave the other fields open.
Discount for Subscription
To offer a full discount on a subscription, so that all future payments of the subscription are discounted, add the monetary value you would like deducted from each payment. Leave the other fields open.
Discount for Subscription Trial
To offer a discount on the 1st payment of a subscription-only, add the monetary value you would like deducted from the trial payment. Leave the other fields open.** To clarify further, if you want to offer a 25% discount on any of the above options, you need to add the monetary equivalent of 25% into the above fields. For example, 25% of $120 (full price) would be $30, which means you enter ’30’ into the relevant option you would like to discount.
Number of Sales
This will display the number of times a specific code was used on a successful purchased.
+ Single payment and Payment Plan of $0 are NOT allowed by Stripe/PayPal.
+ Payment Plan of $0 are NOT allowed by Stripe/PayPal.
+ Subscriptions of $0 per month are NOT allowed by Stripe/PayPal.
+ Subscriptions of $X per month with a Trial of $0 are OK and will work with Stripe/PayPal.
- Choose the options you prefer and click on the Create button to save.
- If you want to add a validity date on your promo code, toggle ON Enable Custom Validity Period.
IMPORTANT: The Enable Custom Validity Period follows the UTC Time zone.Click the first box to add the starting date, and click the second box to add the end date. Then click on the green Create button.
- Your new Promo Code will now appear in the dashboard.
How the Promo Code Works:
You can use the promo code in two ways:
01 – Manually Activated
- You can offer your Promo Code to users directly in your marketing emails or pages.
- When your users go to your Order Page, they simply enter the Promo Code in the field provided (just below “Total due”) and click on the Apply button.
- The discount is calculated for them and the total due updates before users pay for the course, product or subscription.
02 – Automatically Activated
- If you don’t want your users to have the option to share the promo code, you can set up your Order pages to automatically calculate the discount as users land on the Order Page.
- To do this, simply click Promo Codes in the left sidebar panel again.
- Click the Share button and the promo code link will pop up on the screen.
Then, simply copy and paste the link of the promo code you want to apply to your Order Page.
- NB! – when users land on your order page, the promo code will be invisible.