You can add an external URL as a landing page for an affiliate link and this will apply the affiliate tag or code. So when the user goes back to your site and purchases the commission will be credited to the associated affiliate. This article will show you how to add an external URL as an affiliate link.
To do this:
- Go to Affiliates and then select the Affiliate Center.
- In the Affiliate Center, scroll down and look for Affiliate Links.
Click on the Plus (+) sign.
- This will open the Add a New Affiliate Link modal window.
- Give it a Name
- Under the Destination Page click on the drop-down and scroll all the way down and look for Custom Destination, then select Insert URL
- Type in the URL on the Insert URL field
- Attached To:
From the drop-down, you may select if you want to attach the affiliate link to a commission program or to a specific affiliate.
+ Commission Program
From the drop-down, select the Commission Program you would like to link this Affiliate Link to.
+ Specific Affiliate
From the drop-down, select the Specific Affiliate you would like to link this Affiliate Link to.
- Lastly, click on the SAVE button
That’s it! An affiliate link has been created that redirect to an external URL.