This will allow you to track the performance of your Affiliates and pay their commission.
To do this:
- Go to Affiliates and then select Affiliate Ledgers.
- In the Affiliate Ledgers dashboard, you will see the activity of your affiliates for a specific date range.
- You may select the Date Range of the records that you want to access on the upper right side and then click on Apply.
ID – Affiliate’s ID number
Name – Name of the affiliates
Email – Email address of the affiliates
Beginning Balance – The amount due at the beginning of the date period that you have selected in the date range.
Commissions – The commissions that were generated for that period
Refunds – Refunds made during the period
Payment – Payments made during the period
Ending Balance – The total balance from Beginning Balance until Payment. (Beginning Balance – Commissions – Refunds – Payment = Ending Balance)
Note: affiliates with 0 activity for the date range are not displayed on this page
To pay your affiliates, you can use your preferred system or process since this will be done outside your site.
Most of the time, we pay our Affiliates through PayPal mass pay. (easiest and quickest way to pay multiple people)
If you want to pay them through check or bank transfer, that’s fine. You may use KLEQ to compute how much you need to pay your affiliates.
If you want to know more about your affiliate’s transactions first, simply click on the Affiliate Ledger button on the right side of the affiliate.
The Affiliate Ledger pop up will appear and this will show you more information for that affiliate. You may also select the date range at the top of the page.
Order ID – Once clicked, it will open the Transactions page with the Edit Sale. You will see the details of the transaction where you can also change the data.
Date – Date of commission
Customer – Once clicked, it will open the Customer page with the user’s Profile.
Product Name – Name of the product
Sold By – Either by him or a parent of another affiliate (Level2). Once clicked, it will open the Manage Affiliate page with the Edit Affiliate. This will show you all the details about that affiliate.
Commission – Amount of the commission
Total – Total amount of the commission
If there is a sale that was refunded and there’s a commission from that sale, we will deduct the commission.
This will display in exact same way with the Commissions table.
This will allow you to see if there’s any payment made during the date range period.
Note: The displayed date is not the exact date that you have paid them. You may select the date you want the payment to be recorded as paid.
For example, what we do to make sure that everything is sorted like the refunds are properly processed or money back guarantee is in place, we put the date for the last day period because we’re clearing that date period.
You may also change the amount of the payment if you would like to.
This will show you the summary wherein the Beginning Balance less the Refunds and Payment.
Then the Beginning Balance + Date Range Total = Ending Balance
That’s it! That’s how to you can check all information about the Affiliate and when everything is fine, you may now pay them.
To pay your affiliates, here’s how it works:
- In the Affiliate Ledgers dashboard, select the affiliates by clicking the check box on the left side of the Affiliate’s name.
- Next, select the Export Affiliates from the drop-down menu at the very bottom of the page and then, Submit.
- Once clicked, there will be a file to be downloaded. Simply download and when you open this file, you’ll get the same data from the Affiliate Ledgers dashboard. Importantly, it will show you the Affiliate’s PayPal email which you can use if you’re going to pay them through PayPal.
NOTE: The exported file of the Affiliates can be used as reference only as it has the PayPal email addresses. This cannot be used for commissions for PayPal Mass Pay as PayPal requires different data.
- After paying them, you may go back to your site to mark them as paid.
Select the affiliates by clicking the checkbox on the left side of their names and then select Create Affiliate Payment from the drop-down menu at the very bottom of the page and then Submit.
- The Create Affiliate Payment pop up will appear where you can select the following:
Payment Type: Pay the beginning balance, Pay the commissions and Pay the ending balance.
Publishing date: *Select the date you want the payment to be recorded as paid
How to get the PayPal email address of your affiliates
- You may go to Manage Affiliates and then click on the Edit (pencil) button on the right side of the affiliate’s name.
The Edit Affiliate pop up will appear on the screen.
You may have a process where you can send your affiliates a Welcome email and ask them to send you their PayPal email which you can use to pay them. You may paste the PayPal email address in the PayPal Email filed once you already have it.
- Your affiliates can do it by himself.
They need to login to their Affiliate Portal, in the dashboard, they can click the Avatar icon and select the Profile.
The Profile Details pop up will appear, in the PayPal Email field, they can enter their PayPal email address and then update.
You may also have a process where you can send your affiliates an email and tell them to login to their portal page first and then enter their PayPal email in order for you to pay them.
In this way, when you export the data, you will see their PayPal email address.
How to export a list of Affiliates, Commissions, Refunds, Payment or Balance
- In the Affiliate Ledgers dashboard, select the affiliates by clicking the check box on the left side of their name.
- Click on the Export Affiliates button at the very bottom of your Affiliates list and then Submit.
- Once clicked, there will be a file to be downloaded. Simply download and when you open this file, you’ll get the same data from the Affiliate Ledgers dashboard.
That’s it! That is how you use the Affiliate Ledgers.